Seiko Holdings Corporation believes it is vital to for each and every director and employee to take on board a culture of compliance with laws and regulations, and respect for social ethics.
Based on its Basic Principles of Corporate Ethics which establish these fundamental attitudes, Seiko Holdings Corporation has laid down its Action Guidelines for Corporate Ethics, to apply to all directors and employees.
(A) Fundamental principles of Seiko Holdings Corporation’s business operations
1. Fair Competition
2. Sound procurement activities
- We carry out our business respecting the “fair, transparent and free competition” that is a fundamental rule of a freely competitive society.
3. Respect for intellectual property rights
- We carry out our procurement operations in compliance with laws and regulations.
4. Proper accounting procedures
- We comply with the laws on intellectual property rights, and respect the rights of third parties.
- We protect and make full use of the company’s intellectual property.
- We respect our directors’ and emplyee's originality, ingenuity and hard work around intellectual property.
5. Ban on improper expenditure
- We adhere to the Commercial Code, tax laws, and laws and regulations regarding accounting and securities, and carry out accounting procedures and reporting properly and in a timely fashion.
- We do not incur expenditure on anything that goes against the laws and regulations, social ethics, or healthy commercial practices.
- We adhere to all domestic, applicable national and regional laws and regulations on improper spending.
(B) Conservation of the environment
6. Conservation of the environment
- Conservation of the Earth’s environment is the basis of a healthy and rich society, and through compliance with laws and regulations, and following the Company’s Environmental Philosophy and Policies, we work towards this proactively and continually.
(C) Human rights and labor
7. A healthy working environment
8. Maintaining order in the workplace
- We strive to create an environment where our business can develop as a result of the respect of fundamental human rights and the highest possible degree of accommodation for every individual’s identity and uniqueness.
- We strive to realize an environment that is healthy and safe, free from unfair discrimination and harassment, and nurtures dedication to work.
- We properly protect all directors’and employee's personal data in respect of the right of privacy.
- We build a free and vigorous workplace through co-operation and respect for each other’s duties.
- We strive to maintain an environment where each individual can report, liaise and consult in a proper and timely fashion, without exceeding the bounds of their authority of duty.
- We behave properly in such a way as to not impair either our customers' or the Company’s profits.
(D) Corporate information and corporate property
9. Management of corporate information
10. Conservation of corporate property
- We treat information handled in the course of business as inherent property of the Company, and manage it appropriately.
- We protect information relating to the corporation and individuals obtained in the course of business, and we collect, use and manage this information properly in accordance with the relevant laws and internal regulations.
- In order to prevent insider trading before it happens, we comply with the relevant laws and regulations, and manage important, unpublished internal information appropriately.
11. Advertisement activities
- Each and every director and employee member uses company assets for legitimate business purposes only.
- We do not provide any benefit in exchange for any exercise of shareholders' rights.
- We publicly disclose corporate information in a proper and timely fashion, in order to avoid misunderstanding among shareholders in Japan or abroad, customers, employees, business partners, other local communities and groups, and domestic and foreign media and securities analysts.
(E) Integration with society
12. linking into society
13. Disengagement from antisocial forces
- We believe in the importance of the “culture of time” that has evolved alongside the development of world civilizations. In order to let it develop further, we contribute to a range of activities within society.
- We contribute to the improvement and development of society through our far reaching solutions to the societal need for time-keeping, which reaches into the ambits of everyday life, sports, scientific technology and industry.
14. Donations to political parties, etc.
- We do not establish contact with antisocial forces or organizations, we do not give them room to intervene, and we prevent their influences on us before they can occur.
- We do not make political donations that contravene laws and regulations or are not within the bounds of social acceptability, and therefore maintain healthy and fair relations with politics.